A message from Alicia:
Life can get very tough. It can really help to have someone to talk to who is outside of your everyday relationships. I know that it can be a big step of faith to begin counseling. I pledge to put forth my full effort during each counseling session and ask that clients do the same. I believe that each person is valuable, unique and deserves to be loved well. I encourage clients to purposely make daily decisions that lead toward a healthier, happier life, and I believe that every person can live a healthy life when taught the appropriate life skills and given the right supports. I look forward to working with you as a team.
CLIENT FOCUS AREAS
Alicia specializes in addressing anxiety and other mood concerns from a multi-dimensional wellness-based approach.
She has experience counseling clients with a variety of mental health concerns including:
- Anxiety and stress
- Personal wellness growth
- Developmental transitions including college transitions
- Education adjustment concerns (school anxiety, performance, engagement, etc.)
- Spiritual strength exploration (Christian perspective)
- Communication strategies
- Grief and loss
- Parenting and new parent adjustment
- Identity and self-esteem (Who am I and why do I matter?)
- Behavioral issues
- Pre-marital counseling
- Conflict and anger management
Individuals are welcome to email to explore concerns not listed above. If Alicia does not have training in a particular concern, she is happy to help you find a counselor who is a good fit.